About this qualification
This qualification has been designed to meet the needs of the building professional who coordinates the construction of a building,
taking responsibility for the overall completion of the job, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality,
and liaising with the client. The building professional may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the
relevant building licensing authority in the state or territory.
Throughout the course you will learn the professional skills and knowledge required for the management,
supervision and administration of residential, industrial and commercial building projects. With many comprehensive
building elements will be incorporated into project based learning, you will have the opportunity to develop your
technical and research skills in an environment of self paced learning, which may include study tours and site visits.
You will be trained in
- Apply principles of OHS risk management
- Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- Select and prepare a construction contract
- Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- Manage construction work
- Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings Select and manage building and construction contractors
- Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to medium rise building projects
- Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- Manage project quality
- Manage project risk
- Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
You will gain the skills to work as a Site Manager, Licensed or Registered Builder, Construction Manager or Project Manager with
this Diploma of Building and Construction.
Successful completion means you may proceed to enroll into the CPC60212 – Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) at other RTOs.
Assessment methods may include:
- Projects / Research
- Written Assignments
- Case Studies & Scenarios
- Presentation/Role play
- Unit Skill test
(According to the RTO)
- Must be 18 years old or above
- Student must complete CPCCWHS1001-Prepare to work safely in the construction industry unit
- LLN assessment (Learning (ACSF Level 4), reading (ACSF Level 4), writing (ACSF Level 4), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 4+) are desirable to participate in the course
- Pre-training review
This nationally recognised qualification is delivered by Alpha Training & Recognition.
We supply most materials and will contact you once you’re registered to confirm materials.
Licence and registration requirements will depend on the state that you live in. Please follow the links below for more information.