If you are thinking of growing your career in the construction industry, then having an RPL accredited qualification is a torch of your bright career. Having an RPL certificate will lead you in the long run, and those nationally accredited courses will also develop your career as a builder or construction manager. Eventually, you’ll learn how to own and operate any building enterprise to grow your expertise level into one step ahead of another. To acquire standard skills and knowledge, it is worth studying RPL diploma courses in the construction industry. Degree courses and traditional education systems for architectures and construction engineers will cost you a lot. Moreover, time-consuming too. But those RPL qualifications are professionally certified and nationally recognized courses in Australia.
Now you will find different RPL courses under the same industry, which can confuse you to understand which one is preferable under your conditions. Each certificate has other criteria and modules to grow or start your career. Even there are some differences between Diploma vs Certificate IV in building and construction. So, it is better to have some brief idea about diploma and certificate courses in the construction and building industry at one glance before you apply for any.
What Is The Difference Between Diploma vs Certificate IV in Building and Construction
Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
1. This professional course covers all the details of the residential construction management process. Even it will help you to understand how to plan, prepare and manage offsite construction from start to finish.
2. Higher Educational qualifications are not necessary. But having a university degree will add some value under the certificate requirement and get some priority for better evolution.
3. Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40110) will help you prepare your builders license and start your own business. An RPL holder in building construction will prioritize the job sector for any on/offsite fabrications.
4. An RPL Certificate IV in building and construction is an advance level certificate. So, there you may need to provide some prior experience to apply respectively for a particular qualification.
5. Career opportunities outcomes to become a successful Builder, Construction Manager, Building Estimator, Building Project Manager as your profession after completing this RPL course.
6. Certificate IV in Building and construction is less costly and has an easy step process than the diploma courses because there are no additional courses to get the certificate.
7. To be awarded the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), competency must be achieved in sixteen (16) units of competency. In short:
- Thirteen core units of competency;
- Three elective units of competency;
8. The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is for the traders who work or are assigned to work with small to medium-sized low-rise building businesses.
Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Here, a diploma will teach you more composite skills and knowledge needed to become a construction supervisor and project management role within the domestic and commercial zone industry.
1. You don’t need to go for any educational degree to earn a diploma certificate in the building and construction industry. It is good to have any higher or secondary school certificate, but also not mandatory to have any for applying.
2. On the other hand, the Diploma in Building and Construction (CPC50210) reinforces your education and takes it to a new height of acknowledgment in the building industry.
3. No prior experience is needed under the application setting or to apply any of the components to earn the qualification in Diploma of Building and Construction.
4. After getting the qualification in Diploma of Building and Certificate, career opportunities include building supervisor, general foreperson, building inspector, and manager in the construction site.
5. As the competency number of Diploma has many units than the regular building construction courses, the overall cost in Diploma qualification is higher than the regular certificate IV courses.
6. To get the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building), competency must be achieved in eighteen (18) units of competency. In short:
- Thirteen core units of competency
- Five elective units of competency
7. The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) deals with the trades who work or have the experience to work with medium-rise building projects up to three stories.
How do you apply for one?
The process to earn an RPL certificate is very easy under a certified agency. You just need to go through the four steps of RPL qualifications and pass all the requirements as per the certificate demand. For both of the certificates, you need to become eligible to apply. According to the RTO, the age limit is at least 18 years old or above for enrolling into a qualification higher than the highest qualification already held. Some Pre-training reviews may restrain work, and candidates must invest 15-18 hours a week for self-study and learning and assessment activities.
Some RPL assessment processes may include, Projects/Research, Written Assignments, Case Studies & Scenarios, Presentation/Roleplay, and Unit Skill tests. After giving the assessment tests, just wait to get qualified. Following the steps and after successfully getting trained, you will be notified to collect your RPL accredited qualification in Building and Construction.
Before applying for any of the qualifications, you need to understand which course would be better to study with your career in mind and why is it worth exploring both methods if you are unsure about what sort of job you want to go into? For your confirmation, you can choose any of the best RTO agencies in Australia to enquire about your eligibility and get your diploma or certificate IV in the building and construction industry.
In most cases, license and registration requirements will depend on the state that you are staying in. Usually, Diploma is an easier way to get a suitable job as it has fewer preconditions under a vast working opportunity. Upon completing this course and obtaining a painter’s registration license, you will be more likely to have improved employment status and more opportunities to expand your career or business. You may get to learn the difference between Diploma of Building and Construction vs Certificate IV in Building and Construction in the upper discussion.